Located in the most remote part of the Kaokoveld in Northern Namibia – a land of mountains, vast plains, and dry riverbeds inhabited by fascinating wildlife – Hoanib Skeleton Coast will be the camp to set the safari world alight in 2014. The camp will be opening on the 01st August 2014 and we have an incredible special for this new launch!
The area is explored by vehicle, on foot and in the air (weather permitting), with game drives discovering the wealth of desert-adapted life: elephant, giraffe and antelope followed by lion, leopard and cheetah. Guests can unravel the enigmatic history of the original Strandlopers (“Beachcombers”), their stone circles lying in hidden valleys, marvel at the ancient welwitschia plant, follow the great herds and savour landscapes that unfold untouched for hundreds of kilometres.
COST: USD 600.00 night per person or USD 1800.00 per person for 3nt stay
- Children receive 65% discount on adult rate.
- Includes a return scenic flight and coastal excursion to the Skeleton Coast on a three-night stay.
- Excludes camp access or departure on Wilderness Air.
- This unbeatable launch special is valid: 1 August 2014 – 10 January 2015.
Why Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp?
- Diversity of desert-adapted wildlife sightings along Hoanib Riverbed, gravel plains, surrounding mountains and hills
- Access to the iconic Skeleton Coast – seals, shipwreck remains, Möwe Bay, unique stories and history etc. Opening special includes this excursion as part of 3 night stay, including return scenic flight from Hoanib camp to the coast
- Brand-new stylish Classic Camp
- Vast, remote, isolated wilderness very few have ever been able to visit before
- Exclusive access to Auses Spring, located inside the Skeleton Coast Park, on day trip explored by road on 4 night stays and longer
- Visit to onsite Research Centre with emphasis on educational drives, interpretation of research projects in the area, regular camp chats and involvement of guests in learning more about conservation and community efforts
For more information, contact Africa Discovery at:
1 800 886-7321, (415) 444-5100
or Email us