Dzangha-Sangha National Park, Central African Republic - Adventure 3
A sense of intrepidness imbues the region at Sangha Lodge which is complemented by the peacefulness offered by the Sangha River. This is a place of utterly raw authencitiy and earthly experiences rooted in a passion for conservation.
This is arguably one of Africa’s most remote destinations. In combination with Odzala Discovery Camps, Sangha Lodge is now more accessible with scheduled return charter flights on Wednesdays and Sundays from Odzala’s Mboko airstrip to Kabo Airstrip, followed by a 4 to 6-hour boat journey to the lodge from Kabo on the Sangha River.
About The Camp
- 7 bungalows are set along the treeline of the Sangha River (8th being constructed).
- The dining room offers simple, delicious fare and a well-stocked bar.
- A spacious deck overlooks the Sangha River and protected area within the Congo Basin.
- Each bungalow offers a simple, comfortable stay overlooking the river and forest.
- En-suite bathroom: hot shower and flush toilet (units 4 & 5 have a shared bathroom).
- Mosquito net.
- European power points (no air-conditioning).
What You Might See
- Forest Elephants
- ‘Golden’ Elephants (painted with mud)
- Bongo (rare)
- Western Lowland Gorillas
- Red River Hog (rare)
- Black Bellied Pangolin
- Agile Mangabeys
- Over 400 bird species in the region including the Great Blue Turaco and Pichathartes
- Chimpanzees (very rare)
Experience Central African Republic
Sangha Lodge is at the central heart of the African continent in Dzanga-Sangha. Discover wildlife as you have never seen it before and explore ancient forests of untamed majesty. Dzanga Baï is the main attraction where the elusive forest elephant congregate en-masse and guests observe their social behaviours and interactions.
Spend time with the Ba’Aka net hunting, walk through the Valley of Giants, explore hidden waterfalls, kayak down the Sangha River and learn about the conservation projects including pangolin rehabilitation.
Bring a sense of adventure. With a jungle playground to explore and exceptional research programmes to learn from, this is a wanderer’s dream.