Lake Naivasha, Kenya - Classic 4
At Loldia House you'll experience the life of Kenya's early settlers. Loldia House is an ideal spot to relax, taste the pleasures of Kenyan country life and explore the Great Rift Valley.
There are beautiful views of the dormant volcano, Mount Longonot. Wild animals roam free on the farm and in the evenings hippo munch quietly by the waterside.
Loldia House is only a two hour drive from Nairobi and within easy reach of Nairobi's International Airport. It is a perfect place from which to begin your exciting safari holiday around Kenya. It is also conveniently located for day trips to the famous Lake Nakuru National Park. There are now also daily flights on Safari Link Aviation direct from Loldia House to the Masai Mara.
Location : Old farmhouse on a Ranch of the north western part of Lake Naivasha, Kenya
Loldia House offers a choice of accommodation either in the old family house or in cottages in the grounds. In the main house, four en-suite double rooms are furnished in the original colonial style. Close by is an original guest cottage surrounded by lush flowers, with a further two en-suite rooms.
A newly-built cottage on the lakeshore, which is ideal for honeymooners, has two independent en-suite double rooms with breathtaking views across the lake to the extinct volcano, Mount Longonot. Up on the hill is the specially built Loldia cottage, which has its own sitting room with open log fire and panoramic views across the lake, and three double rooms, making it ideal for families or groups of friends.
En-suite bathrooms with bath, shower, basin, flush toilet, hot and cold running water, one double room in the top cottage has an outside bathroom
- National Parks : Excursions with game drives and picnic breakfast or lunch to Lake Nakuru National Park, Hell's Gate National Park, Lake Elementaita, Lake Bogoria (National Park entrance fees & drinks to be paid separately)
- Game viewing : Game drives and game walks on the ranch and night game drives (included in the price)
- Boat rides : Morning and afternoon boat rides on Lake Naivasha, boat ride to Crescent Island with game watching and game walks (included in the price but fees for Crescent Island to be paid directly)
- Walking/Farm : Walking on the farm and to nearby mountains (Longonot, Eburu) with picnics or visit to nearby flower farms (included in the price)
- Bird watching : Various walks or boat rides for bird watching (included in the price)
- Golf : 18 hole Golf site nearby (Green Park) (to be paid separately)
- Tennis : Tennis court on the Ranch with equipment (included in the price)
- Culture : Visit the nearby Loldia School, or visit a renowned artist and sculptor resident on the Ranch (included in the price)