Ol Seki Mara Camp
Maasai Mara, Kenya - Premier 5
Set on a wonderful rocky promontory, overlooking the Ilsupukioi River, north of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, our luxury seasonal Ol Seki Mara Camp enjoys panoramic views in an area teeming with game but not tourists. This oasis of beautifully designed safari tents is nestled amongst Cordia and Acacia trees and the area attracts an abundance of wildlife and many species of birds. The camp is hosted by Sue Allan and her team.
Romantic candle lit dinners, special dining for honeymooners, a resident masseuse and your own experienced camp crew will make your stay truly memorable - a delight for all senses! With all the amenities of a permanent tented camp, we've kept the ambience of the traditional mobile safari camp, in this tranquil and private setting. The six spacious tents have panoramic views and are complemented by the comfortable mess and dining tents.
- Game viewing with experienced driver/guides in immaculately maintained Landrovers and Landcruisers.
- Bush picnics and sundowners in the Maasai Mara Reserve.
- Visits to the local and unspoilt enkangs or villages.
- Scenic walks on the nearby plains and Bardamat Hills - a botanist's paradise.
- Visits to an ancient Il ndorobo cave below the camp with our resident Il ndorobo tracker.
- Game viewing from your private verandah, binoculars in hand and star gazing at night. Evening Star Walks on starry nights.
- Visits to the newly established Koiyaki Guiding School where skills of effective tourism and wildlife management are taught.
- Participation in local community projects and the Olesere Primary School
- Optional balloon flights and/or fishing excursions to Lake Victoria from the Mara.