Lemala Ndutu & Mara Tented Camps
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania - Classic 4
One camp in two locations. Lemala Ndutu and Lemala Mara Tented Camp moves with the seasons to ensure guests enjoy ring side seats to the spectacle of the Great Migration year round.
Perched on the edge of a permanent marsh, Lemala Ndutu Tented Camp is the ultimate amphitheater for the wildebeest migration between December and March. The 12 tents are sited to capture the boundless drama that accompanies the migration. The migration arrives in the highly nutritious short grass plains of the Southern Serengeti in December and usually begins calving in February. The camp is situated inside the NCA, near the border of Southern Serengeti, in what is perhaps the finest location in the whole of Ndutu. To the west of a marsh we have sited the camp to ensure the prevailing cooling breeze carries any dust away from the camp.
Lemala Mara Tented Camp is within touching distance of the Mara River (and yet far enough away to remain discrete and not interrupt wildebeest behavior as they mass along the steep banks) and set under large Euclea trees in the heart of the best game viewing area of the Northern Serengeti. Here, in this immense remote wilderness, guests can enjoy fabulous landscapes and terrific game viewing with practically no crowds. Resident wildlife numbers are exceptionally high, but nothing compared to when the migration starts arriving when the area then turns into a wildlife paradise par excellence.
The mobile tents are spacious and each is fitted with 2 double beds and combining an the authentic bush experience with all the little luxuries that make it so surprisingly comfortable. After an evening game drive, your tent attendant ensures your safari showers are filled with hot water to wash away the dust of the African savannah.
Both these camps are exceptional in sublime locations offering a high quality safari experience with excellent guiding and tasty home cooked meals freshly prepared. The camp organizes great picnic breakfasts and lunches for those who want to go on extended full day game drives.
The communal areas have separate seating and dining areas and are beautifully decorated with leather sofas, chandeliers, side cabinets, rugs, chests and even a bar. In the evening, guests gather around the campfire to enjoy pre-dinner drinks and canapes.
- 12 en-suite tents twin or double bedded (triple tents available). 26 beds in total
- 1 mess tent with separate lounge and dining with a centralized bar area
- 24hr electricity supply provided predominantly by solar and backup generator
- In tent flush toilet, running water and hot showers
- Mosquito proof tents
- Laundry services available
- Internet access in the common areas
- Battery charging facilities available in the main area only
- The camp is based at the following locations Ndutu (Dec-Mar) and Mara Serengeti (July-Oct)
- All house alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks included
- Children under the age of 6 are not recommended however management reserves the right to accept bookings on prior approvals. (child rates applicable for children aged between 6-16)