Chula Island Camp
Lower Zambezi National Park, Zambia - Adventure 3
Chula means frog in Goba - the local language in this area. It is located on the Katengahumba /Discovery Island and is our nearest site to Jeki Airfield. This island is like jurassic park …full of surprises, it is full of hidden lagoons and open dambos. The game is unbelievable and we have seen leopard, lion, hyena , buffalo herds and lots of elephant to mention a few species. There is actually no need to venture further than this island paradise.
The atmosphere on chula is very different to anywhere else , it even looks different with loads of Natal Mahogany trees and sandy beaches…the perfect contrast to Kutali camp.
All tents have
- Ensuite individual bathrooms - accessible without leaving the tent.
- Bucket shower, flushing toilets and washbasin with a mirror.
- Single comfortable beds with top quality linen provided.
- These can be joined to form doubles on request.
and these bits and pieces :
- Two bedside tables with solar lamps/reading lights.
- A safe box to put valuables in as required.
- Two comfortable camp chairs.
- Two folding shelf systems for clothes.
Hot hanging bucket showers can be provided on request and the laundry service is complimentary.