Zambezi Sands Lodge
Zambezi National Park, Zimbabwe - Classic 4
This tented lodge is situated within the western area of the Zambezi National Park on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River upstream of the Victoria Falls. Zambezi Sands is unique in that it features not only the Zambezi River and water based activities and some glorious wildlife and scenery but is also close to the Victoria Falls.
- Zambezi National Park, Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe.
- Drive time from Victoria Falls town - 45 minutes by vehicle ( forest route), or 1.5 hours by vehicle ( river route).
- River transfer - 40mins by boat from Victoria Falls
- 8 secluded Bedouin luxury tents - offering complete privacy – dotted along the river bank. Rooms have twin double beds, a lounge area, mini-bar, ensuite bathroom, outdoor shower, private splash pool and electricity by diesel/solar generator.
- The main camp area includes dining room, lounge and bar with shaded outdoor deck for alfresco dining experiences.
Victoria Falls Tour & Curio Shopping.
- A guided tour of the magnificent Victoria Falls rain forest (park entry fees not included) as well as a visit to the Victoria Falls curio market.
Sunset Cruise Amongst the islands
- A wonderful cruise on the Zambezi River amongst the islands near the lodge – enjoy the river, its wildlife and a Zambezi sunset with complimentary drinks and snacks.
Village Visit and School Tour – 1 hour drive from the lodge
- Visit the Sidobe Village for an in depth look at life in a typical Zimbabwean village. The trip includes a tour of the Sidobe school and a moving performance of traditional songs by the local school children.
- Traditional open safari vehicles driven by licensed experienced guides, Land cruisers seat up to 9 guests and Land Rovers seat up to 7 guests.
- Conducted by a fully licensed and highly experienced professional guide, usually undertaken in the mornings, ideal for photography of big game on foot.
- Guided Canoe trips along the mighty Zambezi River in the network of islands close to the camp. Picnic lunches on the islands is also on offer.
- Guided fishing in the Zambezi River - home to the fierce and powerful Tigerfish and many other species
*All further Victoria Falls activities are available on request, but are charged separately. E.g. Rafting, Helicopter Trips & Bungee Jumping.