2016 Great African Flying Safari
Duration: 13 days
Rates: from $39,850 per person
Area: Botswana, Kenya
Style: luxury safari camp
Exploring the wilds of Botswana along with the open natural wildlife filled landscapes of Kenya.
Great Plains Conservation presents their 13-day private Great African Flying Safari!
We are very proud to present our private flying adventure, exploring Botswana and Kenya on-board a Next Generation Pilatus PC12. This private safari brings a select number of guests the unique opportunity to experience the best of Botswana and Kenya - Africa’s premier wildlife viewing destinations, on a safari often dreamed about.
- Duba Plains, located in the northern reaches of Botswana’s Okavango Delta, ranks as one of the best destinations to experience lions hunting during the day
- Zarafa Camp, with its impressive marquis styled tents and sweeping views across the Zibadianja lagoon, makes this Relais & Chateaux recognised property the ideal camp in which to explore the wonders of the 138 000 hectare Selinda Reserve
- ol Donyo Lodge, Kenya’s first Relais & Chateaux property, with Mount Kilimanjaro forming a constant backdrop whilst viewing some of Africa’s largest tuskers
- Mara Plains, home to the largest cat population of lion and leopard in the greater Maasai Mara is now recognised as Kenya’s second Relais & Chateaux property
|Day 1 - 3||Okavango Delta, Botswana|
|Day 4 - 6||Selinda Reserve, Botswana|
|Day 7 - 9||Chyulu Hills, Kenya|
|Day 10 - 12||Olare Motorogi Private Conservancy, greater Maasai Mara, Kenya|
Morning meet at Lanseria airport in Johannesburg and departure from Johannesburg in your private Next Generation Pilatus PC12 aircraft that will remain with you throughout your safari in Botswana and Kenya.
Clear customs in Botswana before continuing to your first safari camp
Overnight: Duba Expedition Camp
Days 2 - 3:
Duba Expedition Camp, Botswana’s Okavango Delta
Mid morning flight, after breakfast, from Duba Plains to Botswana’s only Relais & Chateaux property, Zarafa Camp
Overnight: Zarafa Camp, Botswana’s Selinda Reserve
Days 5 - 6:
Zarafa Camp, Botswana’s Selinda Reserve
Morning departure from Botswana to Kenya
Overnight: ol Donyo Lodge, Kenya’s Chyulu Hills
Days 8 - 9:
ol Donyo Lodge, Kenya’s Chyulu Hills
Short flight to Kenya’s Maasai Mara Reserve
Overnight: Mara Plains, Olare Motorogi Private Conservancy, greater Maasai Mara
Days 11 - 12:
Mara Plains, Olare Motorogi Private Conservancy, greater Maasai Mara
Depart the Maasai Mara for Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi
Days 1 - 3:
Duba Expedition Camp,
Days 4 - 6:
Days 7 - 9:
ol Donyo Lodge,
Days 10 - 12:
*** based on 6 guests sharing
- This exclusive 13 day / 12 night safari is limited to a maximum of 6 guests sharing
- Ideally one party, group or family should book to truly maximize the experience
- The rate includes the services of your pilot and private guide throughout the safari in a Next Generation Pilatus PC 12
Our rates are per person sharing.
Single supplements may apply.
All rates are subject to availability, currency exchange and may change without notice.
- All flying in a Next Generation Pilatus PC12 from South Africa to Botswana and Kenya and vice versa as mentioned in the journey overview
- All local lodge road airstrip transfers in Botswana and Kenya
- All meals at the camps mentioned above
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the camps mentioned above
- All laundry services at camps mentioned above
- Viewing activities specific to the camps mentioned above. These include open game morning and late afternoon/early evening drive vehicles, guided bush walks and boating activities.
- All entrance fees and conservation / park fees pertaining to the journey overview
- Services of local resident camp guides
- Guiding services of a professional, Great Plains Conservation private guide during entire safari in Botswana and Kenya
- Services of a private pilot throughout your journey
- 20 kilograms of luggage allowance per person whilst using the PC12 charter flights in soft bags. This includes camera gear.
- All return International flights to/from Johannesburg and Nairobi
- Accommodation and transfer services in Johannesburg and Nairobi either at the start or end of your safari. This option can be offered to you at the time of enquiry
- Items of a personal nature e.g. curios, telephone, spa treatments
- Comprehensive travel and medical insurance
- Any relevant or applicable visas. We can assist you with visa documentation to support your application process if required
- Any item or service not mentioned in the safari outline above
- Guests will have the option of contributing to the saving of one rhino per departure - more information will be supplied at the time of confirmation